[ From Trinity ]
It's surreal. Are we really doing this? ... Did we really just get rid of 95% of our belongings? ... Are we living in 280 square feet, like all the time!? ... YEP!!! IT'S HAPPENING!! I kept asking myself this for a while after we moved out of the house! It kept feeling like we were just camping on Kermit's brothers property and any moment we were just gonna go back home. I had to finish out my wedding photography contracts ( shout out for www.trinitywalkerkeefer.com // @trinitywalkerkeefer // ) here in York county Pa so we're all set to officially roll out October 2nd!
I'm happy to report that we've settled in and it's going GREAT in the camper! StephenRiley (pup) loves it because we're so close together. I thought I would go into shock going from a 4 bedroom house and 6 acres to 280 square feet but it actually feels quite cozy. The other part is it's super manageable. For instance we now know where to locate every single item in our new home. When you're living this small everything has to be organized which means no more junk drawers or mystery boxes hiding in closets. Bonus.. I can sweep our living room floor in about 33 seconds!!! hahah Winning!
We've done SO MUCH prepping for this trip. Just in the past 2 weeks here's what we've accomplished on top of working full time jobs: ** we'll be doing a breakdown post of installing most of these items and why you need them for your RV along with tons more of how we've altered the truck and 5th wheel***
- Installed Inverter with inside wall mounted display (takes DC power from your RV batteries and electronically changes it to AC)
- 2 deep cell batteries
- Cam locks on cargo doors (PEOPLE! CHANGE YOUR LOCKS OR ANYONE CAN GET IN YOUR CAMPER USING CH751 KEY THAT COMES WITH MOST CAMPERS)
- Outdoor shower hose for washing the doggie
- Banks speed brake for the truck to drastically help slow the truck and trailer down steep grades - safety first!
- New front tires on truck
- Allison deep dish transmission pan for truck ( to keep transmission running cooler)
- Surge Guard surge protector with wall mount display (many camp grounds have unreliable power and this could save all of your electronics in your camper from frying! )
- Toilet flush valve (just because it was leaking on floor, yikes)
- Finished the backsplash in the kitchen with aluminum peel and stick tiles.
- Mounted knife magnet to hang our knives (because the knife block takes up half the counter!)
- Installed storage with a tiny "kids dresser" from idea to hold office related items
We have done so much more to the camper and the truck to get ready for life on the road, we'll be doing an extensive post soon, stay tuned.
Thank you so much for stopping by and following along our journey! Hit that contact button and let us know you stopped by or drop us a comment line below :) You can also find more recent news on Instagram : @kermitandtrinity